The Flexileg Stirrup Leathers are a training aid to assist the rider with:
- Attaining a balanced seat that is centred with legs that stretch down and flush with the horses’ side.
- For the practice of sitting trot without the need to remove the stirrups.
- To reduce the impact on your joints especially the knees. Encourages you to stop your feet slipping out of the stirrup and encourage your heels to stretch down.
Nylon based stirrup leather. Stitched soft leather face. Stainless steel buckle. Elastic Insert.
How toUse in place of standard stirrup leathers. How to adjust: fit at normal riding length.
Be careful when mounting as the elastic will stretch when you put your weight in the stirrup. Once mounted, put your weight in the stirrup and shorten the leather until your resting foot is at a full gentle stretch without standing in the stirrups.
WARNING: use with caution. Always check the elastic on your stirrup leather before mounting for wear and tear. These stirrup leathers do not come with a safety strap because of where they are positioned on the saddle.
Wipe down your stirrup leathers with a damp clean cloth after use. Keep your tack in a dry cool place. Check the elastic on your stirrup leathers before each ride to ensure they are not worn or frayed. The Flexileg stirrup leathers do not have a safety strap because of the positioning of the stirrup leather next to your leg. Extra care needs to be taken at all times to ensure they are in good working order.
Your Flexileg stirrup leathers are a combination of leather and elastic and each has to be taken care of in a different way. Carefully follow the care instructions for both these materials.
- Using a good quality saddle soap, gently wash away any dirt and grime. Rinse with warm water and let the leather dry. Once dry apply a good quality leather conditioner or oil to the leather with a clean cloth or sponge. Let it soak into the leather. Do not get the conditioner or oil on the elastic. Choose a soap and conditioner with as few chemical ingredients as possible as chemicals often have the opposite effect drying out the leather.
- To clean the elastic part of your Flexileg stirrup leather simply wipe with a damp clean cloth to remove any dust or grime. Do not get any oil or soap on the elastic.
- Always inspect your Flexileg stirrup leathers for wear and tear or fraying before each use.
- Do not use your Flexileg stirrup leathers for any purpose other than the prescribed use.
- Do not leave your Flexileg stirrup leathers in the hot sun or a hot car as this can damage the integrity of the elastic and weaken it.
- Remember to interchange your Flexileg stirrup leathers weekly to avoid uneven stretching from mounting and dismounting on one side.
|Dimensions||160cm x 2.8cm|
Do you struggle like I do to keep your seat centred and balanced?
It is a very frustrating thing and when I am off balance, I fall back on my hands and this sets off a chain reaction. The more I bounce around in the saddle like a sack the more agitated and unbalanced my horse becomes and the more unbalanced I become, it’s a vicious circle. Any rhythm I might have attained is out the window and let’s not even talk about my seat. But there is a way to practice getting your seat balanced and centred.
With the use of Flexileg Stirrup Leathers you will find that your seat is now balanced and centred with your legs stretching down and long, flush to your horses’ sides. Your forward aids will be correct automatically. You will be more relaxed and balanced and as you are balanced your horse will be calmer and balanced.
Another great use for the Flexileg Stirrup Leathers is to assist with reducing the impact to your joints, specifically your knees if you suffer from aches and pains.
They are also great to practice your sitting trot without feeling unbalanced. Because your legs are long and flush with the horses sides and your heels can stretch down and become natural shock absorbers. This helps to reduce the push that pops you out of the saddle.
Last but not least, if you struggle with your feet slipping out of the stirrup all the time, the Flexileg Stirrup leathers will help to keep your feet from coming out of the stirrup and encourage your heels to stretch down.
Please remember that the Flexileg Stirrup Leathers are a training aid and should be used under supervision and in a safe enclosed environment. Remember, riding a horse bares risks and you should be sensible and careful at all times. It bears mentioning that the Flexileg Stirrup Leathers do not have a safety mechanism because of their placement. So extra caution should be used and instructions on care should be followed carefully.
Items purchased online can be returned for online store credit to the value spent OR exchanged via courier.
Change of mind
If you change your mind about the product(s) you have purchased from us, we will provide you with online store credit to the value spent (excluding delivery charges) or exchange the product(s) in the country in which they were purchased (you are responsible for any delivery costs associated with exchanging the item(s)) subject to the following conditions:
- Item(s) must be returned within 14 days of purchase, together with proof of purchase.
- Item(s) must be unopened, unworn, unwashed, or otherwise unused with all original packaging/tags/labels attached.
- Giftcards, sale and clearance items are not eligible for a refund or exchange.
- Please use a courier (no post office returns will be collected/permitted), as Catherine Queiroz Collection cannot be held accountable for returned items not received back. All returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Returns are the responsibility and expense of the customer.
- Wrap your return in the same packaging in which you received it and enclose the packing slip.
If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges for online purchases) will be refunded to you with an online store voucher to the value spent once we have received the returned item back and confirmed that it meets conditions 1-5 above. You are responsible for any costs associated with returning the item to us including any currency conversion and/or local or international taxes.
If an item is faulty then we will meet our legal obligation which may include refunding the purchase price and delivery charges in either cash or an online store voucher to the value spent. Alternatively, dependent on customer preference, we will provide a replacement product provided the item is returned within 14 days with proof of purchase.
Shipping costs will not be refunded if there are other items listed on the original invoice that are not being returned.